KLAUS VOORMANN – IT STARTED IN HAMBURG
GRAPHIC ARTS AND STORIES 1938 – 2018
by Klaus Voormann
Limited Deluxe Life Achievement Edition. Strictly limited to 80 copies worldwide.
Each book copy is unique
Certified, numbered and hand signed by Klaus Voormann
Coffee table book in an exclusive blue slip case
Silkscreen book linen hardcover
Silver page edges and adhesive (unsewn) hand binding
Published in the form of a turnaround book (two covers) with two sections (bilingual german/english. ATTENTION: each language section has different images and items.
22 cm x 26 cm
More than 200 images (fotos, illustrations, sketches, objects)
Inside several parchment bags attached by Klaus Voormann himself with attractive items like
– ORIGINAL LITTLE SKETCH apprx. 8,5 cm x 8,5 cm (different motiv in each book)
– one USB STICK with 15 min. video material showing Klaus Voormann 1995 in action painting the cover artwork of The Beatles Anthology supported by his respected colleague and friend Alfons Kiefer
– ORIGINAL FILM STRIP from 1969 filmaterial when Klaus designed the animation for the 1969 BBC serie „Where Spring Was“ (each book has it’s own film strip)
– RINGO & KLAUS CARD 18 x 14 cm with foto of Ringo + Klaus (Hamburg 2018) and contribution by Ringo
– KLAUS VOORMANN GREETING CARD original handsigned by Klaus in an envelope
– ORGANIC LINEN BAG
About the book:
Musician and graphic designer Klaus Voormann’s Grammy award-winning Beatles “REVOLVER” album cover is considered a masterpiece. However, confining his achievements to the “REVOLVER” album cover wouldn’t capture the whole picture of his multifaceted artistic work.
On the occasion of his 80th birthday in 2018, the book „KLAUS VOORMANN – IT STARTED IN HAMBURG“ is dedicated to his substantial creative work, beginning in Hamburg in 1958. Looking back on a productive period of 60 years, the graphic art also refers to the musician Voormann and the perennial influence of the world of music. Besides well-known illustrations from the Beatles-area, almost 200 pieces of artwork will reveal the artist’s diversity, including many graphic works, sketches and productions supplemented by fotos and stories – hitherto unknown to the general public – and contributions of companions and friends.